Tragedy makes us all ask ‘What can I do?’ and has most of us (me, included) second guessing how meaningful any contribution we make would figure in the grand scheme of things.
It doesn’t matter how big or small, God sees your efforts and knows the intentions of your heart. Don’t be afraid that what you have to give is too small and wind up not giving at all.
Five of us this afternoon managed to tie fifteen quilts for the community of West, Texas.
Many thanks go to…
* my Mama for letting us use her space and her stash for all the backing fabric.
* my co-worker, C, who’s never quilted, but really likes the whole concept of tying them.
* His Awesomeness who, before today, has never touched an iron. He pressed all the tops and backing.
* The Diva for tying thread after thread after thread and offering prayers with each knot.
* Joann’s Fabrics in Waco for selling a roll, yes, A ROLL, of 90″ wide batting at 50% off and throwing in the curved needles for free.
Whether it’s your community or someone else’s, every effort counts.
Now, on to the binding.