Mom’s decided to put together bags for expectant mothers that includes a small quilt and bib, so she spent the day figuring out a pattern that would work well for a diaper bag. This is the prototype…
Sorry for the picture quality. For some reason, my camera doesn’t like yellow. Anyway, the bag turned out really cute, but she decided it was too small (about 14×10) so #2 wound up with it to use as a bookbag. The second bag she made was roughly double in size with a square bottom (of which she was particularly proud). I didn’t get a picture of it or the third bag she started on, but three bags in one day isn’t too shabby at all if you ask me.
As for me, Lennie the Featherweight and I managed to knock out the rest of the airplane blocks for Seth’s quilt. I finally had to throw in the towel because my hands are killing me, but I still feel like I got a lot accomplished. We decided that a weekend workshop was an idea worth repeating and look forward to doing it again soon.
Happy quilting, y’all!